LMS (Champ's Library Management System) was originally
developed with the assistance of librarians.
From its first installation, other libraries came to know about LMS from existing user comments such as
"Finally a library system that is easy to use, flexible and does the job!". As other
librarians heard about this system, we began to install LMS into a small
controllable group of libraries. Some of these libraries have been using LMS
for 10 years with minimal down-time & maximum productivity.
In identifying the needs of these smaller libraries, we
discovered that the cost of implementing our existing product, even in a
minimised version, would still be prohibitive because of the hardware
resources required for each library to operate. This without even considering
the cost of installation training.
With the expansion of quicker and more affordable
Internet access, we began researching and costing an Internet based model.
This model provided the following key benefits:
- A simple interface to a comprehensive Library Management system. Anyone can use LMSi
- Low capital costs. You do not need to install expensive servers,
Firewalls, security patches and so on. All you need is an Internet
Browser. Nothing more. We look after the hard bits.
- The LMSi software can be accessed from any geographical location, all
you need is a web browser.
- LMSi offers on-line searching of your library collection from your Web
or Intranet page. We offer links to your home page and supply a range of
different look OPAC search pages.
- Low-cost monthly subscriptions. The subscription fees
include unlimited fax, e-mail and phone help. No more large Capital budgets